Livestream

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

4 Week Update - Cochin Chicks

As of tomorrow the chicks will be 4 weeks old! It's hard to believe it's been that long since my very first hatch. Below are some pictures of these gorgeous babies.

What could you possibly want?
She's really getting the partridge coloring from her dad, quite a bit.
 Stevie is the one I'm keeping for my flock. She's a partridge/blue cochin mix and is growing so much. She gave me a lot of trouble getting her to pose for a picture, so this is the best I can do, unfortunately. Haha

 This one I believed to be a hen, but now I'm waffling on it a bit. Her feathers came in very fast and she's larger than the other chicks, but look at that comb. It's still fairly yellow, but getting some pink at the bottom. We'll see.

 And we have a roo here, I'm sure of it. He feathered slowly and has the stance. His neck is tall and the feathers are starting to poof out a bit. He's the sweetest of this batch. He also prefers to hang out with Rico, our maran roo that hatched a couple of weeks later.

 This one is our little escape artist and I'm sure she's a hen. She stood still and checked me out while I took pictures, very polite.


Here they are together, except for the light yellow one. This is a good picture to show how fast chicks grow. Rico, the maran, is on the back roost and is 11 days old. So there is only a 15 day difference in their ages, yet the older chicks look so much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment